Untitled

I can't get that damn'd song out of my mind.
You know the song I mean, the one about
The bloody drummer boy. With rage I'm blind.
It makes me want to rip my eardrums out.
Please stab me with a drumstick through the heart.
Or shut me in a padded room and latch
It tight before the "rum-ba-bum-bum" part.
If e'er one hint of "rum-ba-bum" I catch
I swear I'll slaughter everyone in sight.
Whoe'er wrote it is a curséd creature.
Give me 'Tis the Season or Silent Night;
Banish please the Crosby-Bowie feature.
Just this one Christmas wish I beg of you.
Can any sane man claim it is untrue?

Eric

This one does have a comprehensible meaning, a praiseworthy attribute though not actually required by the rules. There is an occasional uncertainty of metre here which keeps it out of the very first rank, but as lawyers' sonnets go it is a very good effort.